Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can I get some motivation over here?

Being sick has given me some time to contemplate on a thing or two.

This is week three of WW and my 5K training program. I can only say I am highly discouraged.  Why?  I will tell you.

First of all.  I do not enjoy dieting.  I know, I know, WW is supposed to be a lifestyle, not a diet!  I call BULLSHIT.  What kind of lifestyle has a person obsessing over every last little bite of food?!?  I don't want to have a panic attack over one lousy point or freak out because I ate 3/4s a cup of something and not 2/3rds.  So damn irritating!  Since the diet I have been cooking for myself and also for my family.  That is twice the work!  How long can I keep this up?  Certainly not lifestyle long. I eat the same dinner almost every day; zero point soup, salad with ONE tablespoon of dressing, and HALF a bagel with ONE tablespoon of light cream cheese. 

None of this is normal eating behavior.  NONE of it. 

Secondly, running is kicking my ass.  I am no good at cardio for real.  I can handle cardio for warm up, but cardio for real is killing me. I'm old, out of shape, and not athletic!  I am NOT an athlete. Never was.  I was not into sports during school. I was into keggars. 

I honestly do not know why I am doing this to myself.

Is twenty pounds really worth all of this trouble??  What do I do if I lose twenty pounds? Continue on this path like a mad woman?  Stop running and stop counting and start gaining?? 

Sweet Jesus this is difficult.  Now where is that bitch Jillian so she can come and kick my ass?

No comments:

Post a Comment